When writing sales copy, marketing drivel is very hard to avoid. Many marketers have gotten so used to advertising fluff filled copy that they can’t write a paragraph without it. The problem is customers of today are wise to such fluff and they are not impressed. People tune out to snazzy drivel meant to wow them into purchasing products. Advertisers need to start writing copy that is actually useful to consumers and less attempts at conning them with copy.
Below are five simple tips you can apply and write honest, informative copy that will help you make more sales.
Cut the Crap
Crappy phrases that do not have any significant meaning need to go. Read through your copy, and if it can do without a certain word of sentence, then take it out. If something can be said directly and straight forward, do it. Phrases like ‘World class’, ‘One of a kind’, etc., are useless fillers that just make your product seem inadequate.
Just Dive In
Tarrying around with words and beating around the bush isn’t going to get you what you want. You can be subtle in your copy, but circling around what you want just gives users a reason to not do it. For example, ‘If you would like to know more about our products, add your email address in the box below and click join’. You would probably leave the page halfway through that sentence. ‘Add your email address and click join’ is more direct and compelling.
Give Solid Numbers
‘Thousands of companies use this software to automate their processes’ versus ’25, 000 companies use this software to automate their processes. The first one seem a bit of an exaggeration, but the second one is a solid statistic, and it needs to be provable. If you can’t get solid statistics, don’t make up your own.
Give Real Benefits
Avoid fake benefits and give real, useful things customers value. Think of what people want and offer them products that solve their needs. ‘Receive free updates when you sign up’ is an example of a useless benefit, why should your reader care about your updates? ‘Learn how to turn site visitors into buying customers’ is more solid benefit that customers will appreciate.
When writing copy, put yourself in your reader’s shoes. If you were looking for the very product you are promoting, and came across the copy you just wrote, will you be convinced, or will you be annoyed by the overly fluffy content you were presented with?
Matt Lloyd is CEO and Founder of MOBE (My Online Business Education), an education company with over 750,000 subscribers, 165 staff and over 12,000 active affiliate partners. MOBE’s mission is to be the number 1 training resource in the world for small business owners and entrepreneurs. This is achieved through the company’s products, services, and live training events.
- Improve Ranking (1)
- Increase Website traffic (2)
- Matt Lloyd (2)
- Matt Lloyd Education (5)
- Matt Lloyd Mobe Mindset & Success (6)
- Mobe Affiliate Program (8)
- Mobe Affiliate Program Success Stories (2)
- Mobe Business Structure (1)
- Mobe create affiliate websites (1)
- Mobe customer relationship (1)
- Mobe guide (2)
- Mobe Matt Lloyd (4)
- Mobe Matt Lloyd Ideas for Marketing & Sales (9)
- Mobe Matt Lloyd Tips For Content Writing (1)
- Mobe Matt Lloyd Training Updates (26)
- Mobe offers business goodwill (2)
- Mobe Products (5)
- Mobe Programs motivates (1)
- Mobe promotes sales (4)
- Mobe Ratings For Affiliate Marketing (5)
- Mobe Ratings For Online Traffic (3)
- Mobe Review (5)
- Mobe Scam tips (1)
- Mobe success stories (1)
- Mobe training and coaching (3)
- Mobe Training Tips To Grow Your Business (15)
- Mobe's Investment Plans (2)
- Promote Products (3)
- Return on Investment (1)
- Social Media (1)
- Start Your Business (6)
- Target Audience (1)
- Traffic generation method (1)
- MOBE Matt Lloyd On High Ticket Affiliate Marketing April 19, 2016 MOBE Matt Lloyd : Affiliate marketing is a very lucrative…
- MOBE Review: Matt Lloyd’s Limitless May 6, 2016 MOBE Review : Matt Lloyd recently released a book titled…
- Mobe Matt Lloyd Tips :Create a Successful Affiliate Website April 6, 2016 Mobe Matt Lloyd Tips: Your website is very important to…
- Mobe Affiliate Program Review March 17, 2016 Have you ever seen Glengarry Glen Ross? It’s a film…
- Mobe Review :Branding for Digital Marketer January 12, 2016 Mobe Review :When developing a business, it is imperative that…