Have you ever seen Glengarry Glen Ross? It’s a film from 1992 whose subject matter is sales. That probably seems like a strange topic for a movie. You may be wondering, “How could that possibly be interesting?” Trust me, it is—and it stars Al Pacino, Kevin Spacey, Ed Harris and Alec Baldwin. That alone should tell you something.
The opening scene establishes a group of men in an office. These men sell real estate investments. Sales have been in a long slump for all but one of them. We discover that one man in the office is not part of the sales group. His name is Blake (played by Baldwin) and he was sent by the company’s corporate office to motivate the group to close sales. Blake is a BMW-driving, Rolex-wearing, million-dollar salesman. He shames the men for their failure, ridicules their feeble excuses for not being able to close deals, and berates them in ways I can’t write here. He then announces a contest: In seven days, the salesman with the highest sales will win a new Cadillac. Second place will win a set of steak knives. Everyone else will get fired.
During his speech, he refers to a chalkboard, upon which is written:
Always Be Closing: a salesman should always be closing sales. Though Blake drives his point home with no sympathy and plenty of verbal abuse, he’s right: salesmen should always be closing.
No Sales, Big Commissions
One of the biggest reasons people partner with MOBE is that they don’t want to be salespeople. In MOBE, you are not required to contact people and sell to them. Hence, as a MOBE affiliate, you don’t have to “always be closing.”
Our high-converting sales funnels do the selling and our highly skilled in-house phone sales team does all the back-end sales. They are the ones who must “always be closing.”
MOBE affiliates collect commissions on those sales, but in order to make that happen, there is something they need to do and it’s:
Always Be Driving Traffic:
- If you don’t drive traffic to your offer, you can’t get front-end sales.
- If you don’t have front-end sales, the phone sales team won’t have leads to close for MOBE’s high-ticket programs. (They have a remarkable closing ratio, by the way.)
- If they don’t have leads to close, you can’t make $1,000, $3,000, and $5,000 commissions.
So, you don’t have to sell and you don’t have to close, but you’ve got to drive traffic to the offer.
Choose a Traffic Method
MOBE affiliates at the License Rights, Titanium and Platinum levels have access to the Traffic Masters Academy (TMA) course. This all-video training course is easy to understand and covers seven different traffic-driving methods, from blogging to solo ads, each delivered by an online marketer who has mastered their method and created great wealth for themselves.
Make it your #1 priority to watch TMA by setting aside an hour or so per day. That way you can get through it in about a week.
The point of TMA is not to have you implement all seven traffic-driving methods. While watching TMA, you will find that certain methods make more sense to you or resonate with you for whatever reason. When you have finished the course, choose one method. Then go back and replay the TMA module for the method you chose.
Watch for few minutes, then stop the video and begin implementing. Actually start doing what the video describes to drive traffic.
This may require buying an ad.
Around 95% of the people who become MOBE affiliates never get past this point. They purchase MTTB and go through the 21 steps, but when it comes time to implement, they go into analysis paralysis. They are compelled to go online, seeking more information about their particular traffic-driving method. I call this “trying to collect reassurance.”
I am not suggesting you spend more for your first ad than you can comfortably afford to lose, but I am saying not to spend too much time thinking about what might happen.
There are only four possibilities: (1) you will make sales, (2) you will collect leads, (3) you will collect leads and make sales, or (4) nothing will happen.
But until you place that first ad, you will never move forward. You will be among the 95% of affiliates standing on the sidelines, watching the other 5% brag about their latest $8,800 commissions.
Worst case scenario: you spend $75 on an ad and nothing happens. You can then analyze what occurred and you will be richer with experience and information. You can discuss your methods with your coach and isolate what to do differently next time.
You can also join the Facebook group for your affiliate level and get a lot of help from the community there, too.
And when your ads produce results, you will learn something from that as well, which you are also encouraged to share with the group.
When it comes to having an online business, MOBE affiliates have it about as good as it can get: no selling, no closing—just driving.
Matt Lloyd is CEO and Founder of MOBE (My Online Business Education), an education company with over 750,000 subscribers, 165 staff and over 12,000 active affiliate partners. MOBE’s mission is to be the number 1 training resource in the world for small business owners and entrepreneurs. This is achieved through the company’s products, services, and live training events.
- Improve Ranking (1)
- Increase Website traffic (2)
- Matt Lloyd (2)
- Matt Lloyd Education (5)
- Matt Lloyd Mobe Mindset & Success (6)
- Mobe Affiliate Program (8)
- Mobe Affiliate Program Success Stories (2)
- Mobe Business Structure (1)
- Mobe create affiliate websites (1)
- Mobe customer relationship (1)
- Mobe guide (2)
- Mobe Matt Lloyd (4)
- Mobe Matt Lloyd Ideas for Marketing & Sales (9)
- Mobe Matt Lloyd Tips For Content Writing (1)
- Mobe Matt Lloyd Training Updates (26)
- Mobe offers business goodwill (2)
- Mobe Products (5)
- Mobe Programs motivates (1)
- Mobe promotes sales (4)
- Mobe Ratings For Affiliate Marketing (5)
- Mobe Ratings For Online Traffic (3)
- Mobe Review (5)
- Mobe Scam tips (1)
- Mobe success stories (1)
- Mobe training and coaching (3)
- Mobe Training Tips To Grow Your Business (15)
- Mobe's Investment Plans (2)
- Promote Products (3)
- Return on Investment (1)
- Social Media (1)
- Start Your Business (6)
- Target Audience (1)
- Traffic generation method (1)
- MOBE Matt Lloyd On High Ticket Affiliate Marketing April 19, 2016 MOBE Matt Lloyd : Affiliate marketing is a very lucrative…
- MOBE Review: Matt Lloyd’s Limitless May 6, 2016 MOBE Review : Matt Lloyd recently released a book titled…
- How to Brand Yourself as A MOBE Consultant June 25, 2016 MOBE Matt Lloyd: If you want to make it big…
- Mobe Matt Lloyd Tips :Create a Successful Affiliate Website April 6, 2016 Mobe Matt Lloyd Tips: Your website is very important to…
- Mobe Affiliate Program Review March 17, 2016 Have you ever seen Glengarry Glen Ross? It’s a film…