Why do some small businesses experience tremendous success and generate large revenue while others can barely keep afloat? Better yet, what can you do this year to be one of those successful companies?
All businesses will do things differently; there is no surefire template for success that will work for every single business.
Model and put into practice these five qualities shared by many successful small businesses across the globe:
1. Grow within Your Niche
Successful small businesses are not afraid of putting all their eggs in one basket. They have discovered that targeting a niche audience can result in customer loyalty, which translates to repeat purchasing. Small businesses like Quality Bike Products, which has revenue of $200 million, keeps growing within their niche. They are now the nation’s largest distributor of bicycle parts and accessories, and they still focus on the simple niche they started with—bicycle products.
2. Focus on Skills
If you are skilled in the medical field, chances are you will have a hard time establishing a business in bread making. It requires great understanding and a lot of time to start a business in a niche you are not familiar with. It is always best to focus on an industry that you know and understand.
3. Recognize Outstanding Performers
Blink UX, a business consultancy with revenues of about $12 million and a clientele list boasting big names like Starbucks, Amazon, and Microsoft, offers two of its outstanding employees an opportunity to become partners in the business each year. The shares offered might be small, but it is still a motivating gesture for the employees. Blink UX also encourages a transparent work culture and provides a conducive working environment that employees want to be a part of for a long time.
4. Stay Cozy with Customers
Some of the top small businesses deliberately chose to stay small in order to maintain close relations with their customers. This decision has proven to be very profitable. Fresno First Bank, which employs only 33 people but has a revenue of $12 million, is a good example. They chose to remain in a single location rather than opening other branches. This has helped the company minimize its costs, but the greatest benefit lies in their flat organizational structure that allows them to be more efficient in addressing customer needs.
5. Take Unconventional Steps
Many top small businesses achieved their success by moving away from the norm, doing what might seem a little eccentric to others. They are not afraid to tread unexplored paths and start new trends; this has rewarded them greatly.
In 2013, New Belgium Brewing sold itself to its employees. Today, it is entirely owned by employees through a stock ownership plan that’s setting trends for progressive management. The company has an estimated revenue of $225 million, which has been increasing significantly since that unconventional move.
Many other industry-leading companies, such as Torch Technologies (another fully employee owned company with revenues of $240 million) have benefited from implementing unconventional ideas in their business.
Matt Lloyd is CEO and Founder of MOBE (My Online Business Education), an education company with over 750,000 subscribers, 165 staff and over 12,000 active affiliate partners. MOBE’s mission is to be the number 1 training resource in the world for small business owners and entrepreneurs. This is achieved through the company’s products, services, and live training events.
- Improve Ranking (1)
- Increase Website traffic (2)
- Matt Lloyd (2)
- Matt Lloyd Education (5)
- Matt Lloyd Mobe Mindset & Success (6)
- Mobe Affiliate Program (8)
- Mobe Affiliate Program Success Stories (2)
- Mobe Business Structure (1)
- Mobe create affiliate websites (1)
- Mobe customer relationship (1)
- Mobe guide (2)
- Mobe Matt Lloyd (4)
- Mobe Matt Lloyd Ideas for Marketing & Sales (9)
- Mobe Matt Lloyd Tips For Content Writing (1)
- Mobe Matt Lloyd Training Updates (26)
- Mobe offers business goodwill (2)
- Mobe Products (5)
- Mobe Programs motivates (1)
- Mobe promotes sales (4)
- Mobe Ratings For Affiliate Marketing (5)
- Mobe Ratings For Online Traffic (3)
- Mobe Review (5)
- Mobe Scam tips (1)
- Mobe success stories (1)
- Mobe training and coaching (3)
- Mobe Training Tips To Grow Your Business (15)
- Mobe's Investment Plans (2)
- Promote Products (3)
- Return on Investment (1)
- Social Media (1)
- Start Your Business (6)
- Target Audience (1)
- Traffic generation method (1)
- MOBE Matt Lloyd On High Ticket Affiliate Marketing April 19, 2016 MOBE Matt Lloyd : Affiliate marketing is a very lucrative…
- How to Brand Yourself as A MOBE Consultant June 25, 2016 MOBE Matt Lloyd: If you want to make it big…
- MOBE Review: Matt Lloyd’s Limitless May 6, 2016 MOBE Review : Matt Lloyd recently released a book titled…
- MOBE Ratings: Tells About Affiliate Marketing May 11, 2016 The first thing you should do when you join the…
- Mistakes to Avoid When Promoting MOBE Products June 16, 2016 MOBE products : Just about everyone starts affiliate marketing with…